Published November 24, 2021 at 11:13
Show Racism the Red Card (SRtRC)
1pm Monday 6 December
Below is the zoom invite:
Topic: Blackburn UNISON, LCC UNISON, Lancashire TUCs, and SRtRC
Time: Dec 6, 2021 01:00 PM London
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 958 7788 9950
The interactive workshop features a range of activities and thought provoking discussions that will enable individuals to start a journey of self-reflection based on their current values and beliefs. Delegates will also be encouraged to consider how their cultural and social experiences may have helped develop any unconscious bias within their own worldview.
The workshops are designed with practicality in mind, delivered interactively by our experienced team.
- · To understand the various types of discrimination.
- · To explore how beliefs, values and attitudes drive behaviour.
- · Recognising the benefits of embracing difference.
- · To raise awareness of the nine protected characteristics within the Equality Act.
- · To gain an awareness of employer and employee duties in relation to equality and diversity, and inclusion.
- · Explore the different types of bias, cultural/social and experience along with exploring the problems that they create.
- · Raise awareness of the consequences of discrimination and the effects on people.
- · Empower individuals through improving their knowledge and upskilling them so they are more confident discussing equality issues.
- · Challenge common stereotypes, misconceptions and prejudicial attitudes in society.
Delegates will receive:
- · Electronic copies of our all workshop presentations.
- · Certificate of participation.
- · A range of further information and factsheets.
- · On-going support & guidance.