|Due to the ongoing pandemic, Stars in our Schools, our annual celebration of school support staff, will look and feel very different this year.
All events will either be run online or in a socially distanced way. Our theme this year is: ‘Working together to get the job done – safely!’ Many old favourites will still be there.
Members will still be able to nominate a star in our annual prize draw and you can still share photos of our fantastic members at work. Some resources have been adapted to make them online-friendly, but branches will not be able to order any physical resources that are designed to be touched/handled, for example stickers and postcards, for safety reasons. Neither should we run events that would break social distancing guidelines or require visiting schools, as we normally would. But that doesn’t mean we’ll let our amazing school stars go un-celebrated!
There are still lots of things branches can do, for example:
- download templates of press releases, emails to MPs and head teachers;
- ask members and other stakeholders to send photos to email@example.com for us to share on social media;
- get members involved in online learning opportunities;
- celebrate members who excelled in online learning over the lockdown period with ‘learning stars’;
- ask members to share their favourite ‘memories’ of their jobs, or a moment they’ll never forget using the #StarsInOurSchools hashtag;
- encourage head teachers to run our new ‘Stars assembly’ that can be adapted to each school.
All the resources and ideas are on the dedicated Stars website http://www.starsinourschools.uk