Published September 29, 2016 at 13:30
THE FINAL PUSH: 5 THINGS YOU CAN DO TO HELP
IN ONLY THREE DAYS TIME the People’s Assembly are holding a weekend of events in Birmingham at the Tory Party Conference. Our message will be clear: Invest Don’t Cut, Nationalise Our Services, Defend Workers Rights, No Racist Scapegoating.
SATURDAY 1 OCTOBER:
The People’s Conference – Our Alternative to Austerity
10:30 – 17:30, Birmingham Town Hall
BOOK TICKETS HERE
Speakers include: Ken Loach, Salma Yaqoob, Francesca Martinez and many more. Also NUT General Secretary Kevin Courtney will talk about the campaign against plans to reintroduce Grammar Schools and calling for investment in education.
In the evening: Special advance screening of Ken Loach’s award winning ‘I, Daniel Blake’.
19:00, Cineworld Broad Street.
BOOK TICKETS HERE
SUNDAY 2 OCTOBER:
National Demonstration – Tories Out, Austerity Has Failed
Assemble: 11:30am, Victoria Square. March to East Side Park for rally
People’s Assembly National Secretary Sam Fairbairn said: ‘We will be on the streets of Birmingham in our thousands to protest as Theresa May and the Tories arrive for their annual Conference which will be discussing and deciding policies that will cut our services, attack our rights and will lead to a further divided society.’
To help promote the weekend of action please do these 5 easy things:
- Social Media: Do at least one facebook post and one tweet everyday between now and the weekend plugging the events. Invite all your friends to the Facebook Events for The People’s Conference and the National Demonstration.
Suggested tweet: “Protest the Tory Party Conference this weekend – Invest Don’t Cut – Defend Our Rights #TakeBackBrum #ToriesOut http://www.thepeoplesassembly.org.uk/tory_conference_16“
- Text 5 Friends Everyday: Over the next few days, text five good friends each day and make sure they’re coming. Ask them to do the same.
- Download and Print the Flyers: You can download the flyers here. Print a few out at home and at work and post them in your neighbours letterboxes on your way home and leave some in the canteen or notice board at work.
- Leafletting sessions: Here is a list of the last few leafletting sessions happening in Birmingham, if you’re free please get down and join them, very volunteer helps and can make all the difference. Take a look at the timetable and get involved.
- Change your profile picture: For the next few days why not download this picture and help promote the weekend of action without even trying.
And lastly (just one more) if you haven’t already, make sure you BOOK YOUR TICKETS HERE for the conference & film showing on Saturday!
See you in Birmingham