Published September 13, 2017 at 10:46
There is an urgent need and opportunity to get rid of the 1% public sector pay cap.
We need to ensure that public sector employers have the funding they need to give all staff a pay rise and to begin to restore what staff have lost since 2010. This is an important time to put maximum pressure on the Government prior to the budget this Autumn.
What you can do:
March in Manchester. Tell the Tories to PAY UP NOW by joining the march on Sunday 1 October. The march takes place on the first day of the Conservative Party Conference and is part of a series of events organised by the People’s Assembly in Manchester.
UNISON members will assemble on Liverpool Road from 12.30 for the march at 2pm.
There will be speakers and activities at the Castlefield Arena from 11am
Attend a public sector pay meeting. The North West TUC is organising a series of pay meetings across the region in the run-up to the march.
- Wednesday 20 September, 6pm-8pm: Bootle Town Hall, Oriel Road, Bootle, L20 7AE
- Wednesday 20 September, 6:45pm – 8:30pm: Rawtenstall Cricket Club, Bacup Road, Rawtenstall, BB4 7ND
- Monday 25 September, 7pm-9pm: Unity Wellbeing Centre, Vernon Street, Nelson BB9 9DX
- Wednesday 27 September, 7pm-9pm: Carnegie Hall, Westhoughton, Library Street, Westhoughton BL5 3AW
- Friday 29 September, 6pm-8pm: Friends Meeting House, 6 Mount Street, Manchester, M2 5NS
To read more on pay, for updates on these events, and to download a model motion for councils on pay, please visit www.unisonnw.org/payupnow