Published April 13, 2016 at 12:13
21st April – Women’s Lives Manchester, First Meeting, UNISON Arena Point, Manchester, Evening 6.30pm
- Developing new study skills and brushing up on rusty ones
- Looking at experiences at work, family and in the community
- Investigating a topic of your own choice which is relevant to women
- With the support of your tutor and the rest of the group, you will ease back into learning, improve your confidence and have fun and be able to think about and decide what to do next.
4th May – Pre-retirement Planning Seminar, Manchester, UNISON Arena Point, Manchester 9.30-4.30
- Planning for retirement
- Trusts and wills
- Pensions workshops
- Liverpool date available on 15th April
24th May – Dementia Awareness, Manchester, UNISON Arena Point, Manchester 9.30-4.30
- This one day workshop will provide a general understanding of the experiences of people living with dementia and their family and carers.
- The session will consider the different types of dementia and the causes and will examine some of the strategies that may assist the individual and their carer in the management of the condition.
- It will look at the person–centred approach and the importance of effective communication in recognising, supporting and empowering the individual.
If you would like to attend please fill in the attached application form and return to the Branch office.