|UNISON, GMB and Unite have today (Tuesday) received a two-year NJC pay offer from the Local Government Employers (letter attached).
Under the offer:
- Those currently on SCP 6 – the lowest paid – would receive a pay increase of 16% over two years.
- Employees on scale points 7-19 will receive increases of between 9% and 3.7% in year 1.
- Employees on scale point 20 and above would receive an increase of 2%.
- Employees will be assimilated on to a new pay spine in year 2.
- Those on the bottom pay point will receive £9 an hour. New scale points 2-22 from 1 April 2019 will have new, even 2% differentials.
- Employees on new scale point 23 and above receive a further 2% increase on 2018 salaries.
We were expecting to receive the LGA’s offer at the NJC Executive on 13 December. This meeting is still going ahead to formally receive the offer. UNISON’s NJC Committee will then consider the offer at its meeting on 14 December.