Benefits for Unison members
UNISON membership gives you essential cover, wherever you work in Blackburn or Darwen. Our full range of benefits includes:
- advice, support and help when you need it at work
- a helpline that is open until midnight during the week and 4pm on Saturdays
- legal help for you at work and your family at home, subject to certain eligibility criteria
- financial assistance and debt advice in times of need
- compensation for accidents and injuries at work
- a range of exclusive member discounts that can save you and your family money when you are shopping, buying insurance or looking for a holiday
- education and training advice and courses, leading to vocational and professional qualifications.
Free training and development
We also offer chances to go on courses aimed at helping members to improve their general skills, for example using computers or building their confidence. Our member development programme includes the award winning Return to Learn programme for members interested in getting back into learning.
Other courses are designed to help members play a more active role in UNISON through our comprehensive training programme for workplace representatives and branch officers, including health and safety, equalities or learning reps.